The Gorgonites are the peaceful enemies of the Commando Elite. They were created by a toy designer named Irwin Wayfair who had intended them to be for educational purposes. They were manufactured from a toy company called Heartland Playsystems that had been taken over by a military division named GloboTech Industries. Their leader is Archer.
On each of their boxes were these words:
- "The Gorgonite menace prowls the world, searching for the lost island of Gorgon... The Gorgonites are the scum of the universe and the Commando Elite are takin' out the trash!""
- ―Description on the back of their boxes
They were also hard-wired with the same micro-processing chip, the X-1000 and were created to be the enemy of the Commando Elite as well as the villains, even giving them the credo of "Destroy order, promote chaos!". Unfortunately, the Gorgonites were ultimately programmed to hide and lose to the Commando Elite. Whenever the Gorgonites notice the Commandos, their objective is to hide and try not to get disassembled by them. They are peaceful, kindhearted, heroic creatures with the goal to find their home world: Gorgon.
During the film, the Gorgonites were able to overcome their programming and they fought back against the Commandos, with the help from human Alan Abernathy. After their victory, they decided to fulfil their mission of finding Gorgon.
Toy line Only
- The Gorgonites' poster and the back of their boxes have a peaceful country park-based background despite the fact they were built to be the villains.
- Nibble is the first and only known Gorgonite able to fly. He is seen as a brown colored bat-like creature in the PS1 game, but resembles a figure similar in appearance to Insaniac. The troll-like appearance is briefly seen as an action figure.
- The toy line they used as the base of the Gorgonites was Masters of the Universe.